Sunday, January 17, 2010

Back to the Frontera

After a relaxing and quite pleasant three weeks in Chicago, I safely made it back to my post in Honduras last week.  The time at home over the holidays was a nice break, it certainly made my family happy, but I am ready to get back to work now.

The health promoters continued implementing the census surveys during those three weeks as we planned.  And, aside from a few minor hiccups, it appears that they handled things quite well in my absence.

Additionally, Shoulder to Shoulder now has an official openning date for the clinic in Concepcion:  February 20th.  While my experience indicates that all dates and plans around here are rather flexible, that fact that we recently put out a list of job opennings and are beginning the staffing process is a positive sign that I might actually have some company at the clinic in the next month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment