Wednesday, November 4, 2009

New Home

















About 2-1/2 weeks ago I made my permanent move from Santa Lucia to the new clinic in Concepcion.  I live in one of four bedrooms in the cottage shown in the photograph.  While the views are more expansive here than in Santa Lucia and the weather is a bit cooler, the main the health clinic in not yet open and we are without the vast majority of the infrastructure that surrounds the clinic in Santa Lucia.    I've been unable to update the blog recently because the internet signal has been spotty at best since I arrived.  The dental side of the clinic is open, staffed daily by one dentist and one assistant, but I am the only person living here full time.  I have plenty of work with the census to keep me busy and I am excited to get to know my new town.  

  

2 comments:

  1. looks beautiful...

    Hope things are well in Honduras!

    -chris and the 9 atherton-ites

    ReplyDelete