Friday, September 25, 2009

Welcome

The current primary purpose of this blog is for me to efficiently communicate and keep in touch with family and friends.  I recently accepted a job working for a NGO named Shoulder to Shoulder in rural western Honduras.  I'll likely be living abroad for just under a year and this should be a good way to keep those I care about abreast of the goings on in my life.

Beyond that primary purpose, I hope that the public nature of blogging will help me to intentionally integrate an aspect of reflection into this experience.  My life has changed dramatically and I would like to engage with and share all of the important thoughts and feelings I will have over the next year.  Those that know me best may be somewhat surprised by this, but that should be an incentive to post frequently and intelligently.

Finally, once I settle in and learn more about the people, culture, history, politics, and economics of Honduras, this may also become a forum for me to share more formal observations on living and working in this country.  I tend to be quite careful in reaching any conclusions, so it may be a while before I have anything to say on these points.  For now, please read, comment, and enjoy.     

No comments:

Post a Comment